1 Answer | Add Yours
A 'needs analysis' in this context, is an essential tool in effectively teaching any second language. It is based on assessing different criteria relevant to the learning environment, such as :
- Are you teaching children or adults?
- What are the main objectives of the learning?
- What cognitive skills does the learner already exhibit?
- What level of understanding does the learner have?
- What are the learner's social and environmental circumstances?
- Are there any cultural considerations?
- What does the learner need the skills for? Is it professional, leisure, family oriented?
To carry out a 'needs analysis' ask these questions of all the students intending to participate and gather the information to allow the assessor to formulate a curriculum which will suit all the learners' needs or a great number of them.
We’ve answered 318,935 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question