2 Answers | Add Yours
There are many public health concerns confronting the United States today. I will list a few in no particular order, as physicians differ on their relative severity.
- Obesity- According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) more than one-third of Americans are obese. This situation is the result of Americans' sugary and fat-laden diets coupled with a lack of exercise. Obesity has been linked to a number of other serious health concerns, including diabetes, heart disease, some types of cancer, chronic joint problems, and a host of others.
- Cancer- Cancer remains a serious health concern in the United States, accounting for millions of death. For women, breast cancer is a particular threat, and for men, the most common cancer is prostate cancer. Other cancers, such as cancer of the lung, colorectal, skin, and liver, remain a major cause of death for many Americans.
- Heart disease- While heart disease is linked to obesity, it is by no means limited to people who are obese. Many Americans are particularly predisposed to heart conditions by heredity, and others are more likely due to stress, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other factors.
- Violent death- Violent deaths remain a statistically prominent cause of death among many Americans, especially death by firearms. This issue has been brought to the fore by recent mass shootings, but it is particularly prevalent in inner cities.
- Automobile deaths- Vehicular deaths, including those caused by drunk drivers, remain one of the leading causes of death among Americans.
- Mental illness- Mental illness, including anxiety disorders, depression, and others, affect millions of Americans.
Many of these problems are treatable with preventative care and early detection, but access to healthcare, including affordability, remains a serious problem confronting the American healthcare system.
Its because of by not proper good food.
We’ve answered 320,050 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question