1 Answer | Add Yours
Direct marketing is a channel-agnostic form of advertising that allows businesses and nonprofits organizations to communicate straight to the customer, with advertising techniques that can include, Cell Phone Text messaging, email, interactive consumer websites, online display ads,ETC.Characteristics that distinguish direct marketing are:
1.Marketing messages are addressed directly to the customer and/or customers. Direct marketing relies on being able to address the members of a target market.
2.Direct marketing seeks to drive a specific "call to action." For example, an advertisement may ask the prospect to call a free phone number or click on a link to a website.
3.Direct marketing emphasizes trackable, measurable responses from customers — regardless of medium.
- Direct marketing involves direct business. So it is cost beneficial for consumers, as there is no price hike due to wholesalers or retailers.
- Marketing executives can state certainly of the exact response to their products.
- The profit or loss can be more accurately judged.
- Sometimes, direct mailing offends the customers and many do not endorse it as they say it inhibits their private lives.The various forms in which direct business is made are:
- Direct mailing: Here, paper mails are sent to the selected groups of people, who likely to give positive response e.g. the paper mails of latest food processor is sent to all homes where house wives are resident so that immediate response is seen.
- Email Marketing: Here, emails are sent to all the selected customer categories with repeated intervals of time. But most of these are put into trash and spams. So the effectiveness of this form cannot be predicted.
- Telemarketing: In telemarketing, calls are made directly to the consumers and the concerned product is advertised. People sit at call centers to sell products on behalf of their clients.
- Voicemail: Telemarketing created a lot of consumer opposition and consumers would abuse the ones advertising on the phones. In order to avoid this, voicemail marketing was introduced.
- Television marketing: Advertisements are given on the television and demos are with toll-free call back numbers or certain websites for the consumer to get in touch with the manufacturers.
- Broadcast faxing: This is the least popular form of direct marketing. The ads are directly faxed to the consumers.
Direct marketing can thus become successful only if the entanglements with the consumer are good. It can be B2B or B2C. It measures exact consumer response.
Direct marketing is attractive to many marketers because its positive results can be measured directly. For example, if a marketer sends out 1,000 solicitations by mail and 100 respond to the promotion, the marketer can say with confidence that campaign led directly to 10% direct responses.
Direct marketing is often seen as an end around of the traditional media sources by which advertising is delivered. Though there are many benefits as well, the disadvantages of direct marketing can be significant. Many consumers are alienated by what is seen as the intrusiveness of direct marketing into the otherwise private moments of their lives.
*HOPE THIS IS A FINE ANSWER FROM ME..KEEP GOING DUDE.*
We’ve answered 320,003 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question