First, they belong to completely different classes. Spiders are arachnids which include scorpions, ticks, and mites, among others; reptiles include animals who rely on the outside temperature to regulate their own body temperature...snakes, lizards, turtles, alligators and crocodiles, etc.
Reptiles typically have four legs, although most species of snakes are legless. They also reproduce by internal fertilization.
Arachnids' bodies consist of paired, jointed appendages , a hardened exoskeleton, a segmented body, and a well-developed head. Spiders have spinnerets which allow them to spin their webs in order to catch their prey to eat.
Both are found worldwide and are often misunderstood and feared for unfounded reasons. They are both necessary to the ecosystem.
Difference between Spiders and Reptiles:-
- Spiders belong to the Arachnida class where as reptiles are vertebrates
- Spider has two body parts whereas there are various different reptiles with different body parts
- Spiders are web builders where as reptiles are not web builders
- Spiders have eight eyes where as reptiles have 2 eyes
- Spiders does not consist chewing parts therefore it can take only liquids where as reptiles can chew.
- Reptiles have scales not fur where as spiders does not have scales