what is the difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous?(give 3 points)this is science qustion
homogeneous and heterogeneous are words to describe mixtures.
Mixtures are how the particles (compounds, atoms ions bulk components) are mixed together. It is the degree of uniformity when mixed together.
A heterogeneous mixture is a mixture where the components of the mixture are not uniform or have localized regions with different properties
their difference is quite visible.
1. homogenous mixtures are singly looking while heterogenous are coarse-like
2. you cannot identify the single somponents in a homogenous mixture while in heterogenous you can see the species being mixed
3. Homogenous examples are : cofee + sugar + milk in water ; water and ethanol, copper + tin = bronze;
Heterogenous exaxamples are: pellets for chicken feeds, oil and water; sand and water.
hope this helps
when solute and solvent are mixed they form solution it can be homogeneous or heterogeneous.
Homogeneous Mixture...(homo means sameness)
- The composition is uniform
- Solutions have particles which are too small to be seen.
- The ratio of solute to solvent remains the same throughout the solution
- Example :- Colloid, white vineger, sugar water, salt water etc.,
Heterogeneous Mixture...(hetero means Different.)
- The composition is not uniform
- Consists of visibly different substances or phases
- The particles are visible and will settle out on standing.
- Example :- Vinegar and oil salad, water and oil, sand and water etc.,