What are the dietary requirements for infants, toddlers,school children and adolescents?What are the dietary requirements
Dietary requirements are going to be a bit different for infants, toddlers, elementary school aged children, and adolescents but they still need the same basic requirements. In general, children of all ages need a balanced diet and the right amount of exercise.
The best nutrition advise to keep your child healthy includes encouraging her to:
- Eat a variety of foods
- Balance the food you eat with physical activity
- Choose a diet with plenty of grain products, vegetables and fruits
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol
- Choose a diet moderate in sugars and salt
- Choose a diet that provides enough calcium and iron to meet their growing body's requirements.
It is suggested that teenagers consume more calories per day because they are growing at a rapid rate. It is suggested that females consume 2,400 calories per day and males consume 2,800 calories per day. Again, they need a balanced diet and plenty of exercise.
There are some links posted below that you should take a look at. The third link lists specifically the dietary requirements for children ages 2-18 years of age and breaks it down by gender.