A company profile is part of a company's business plan that provides an overview of the company to potential customers and investors. It generally includes the following data:
- the name of the founder(s) and the names and titles of the key members of the company
- the official name of the company, its address, its telephone number, and its e-mail address
- the overall business activities of the company
- the company's overall strategy, including its purpose and mission statement
- the structure of the company: whether it's public, private, or a partnership
- who serves on the board of directors, if there is a board
- the numbers and types of employees or independent contractors in the company
- the basic financial data related to the company, including its yearly revenue, profits, and major assets
- places where the company does business
- the operations and mission of the company, including what sets it apart from other companies
- the way in which the company informs shareholders about its financial picture
- the achievements that the company has made recently
- the short- and longer-term goals of the company
Any information about a company to inform public about the company and create required image of the company through the information. To create a feeling of the stable image of the company in the mind of the public , the establishment, location, development growth , product quality ,revenue turn over , profit and loss over sevral years since the inception may help. It can also serve as an advertisement or invitation for the interested public to invest in the company.It can also have the motive to impress the public about the standard of the product in comparison with that of the others to compete in the market. The profile need not cover everything , but only such of the things it desires to highlight. It can also take the adventage presentation of its profile through the media technolgy.
If the company wants to show itself as a losing company and impress like that it can highlight similarly about the difficulies of the production or service with an information abou the supporting turn over etc.
They can prepare their own format o f their profile which may inform about the items as below in discriptive or quatitative terms.
Number of Employees:
Number of products produced:
Quantum of service:
Revenue turn over (Annual or per day):
Cost (annual/per day):
Customer care activities:
Company profile means the a concise description of a company as a whole. Depending on intended use of the profile and the available information, the length of the profile may be just one written paragraph or it may be a report of several pages. The profile may be made for a simple purpose like attracting people to join the company as employees, or it may be to attract another company as a major business partner.
Generally profiles are simple written reports, but these can also be more elaborate power point presentations or videos.
The following information may be included in a profile.
- The basic information like name location.
- The product range and the market segment served.
- Promoters and top top management of the company.
- Mission and vision statement of the company.
- Corporate policies of the company
- Major achievements of the company
- Financial report on company. This will include balance, sheet, profit and loss accounts and some key performance ratios. The information may also cover past performance and future projections.
- Major future expansion and diversification plans.
- Major current and future challenges and opportunities faced .