A company profile is just what the name implies. It is a document explaining what your company is and what you do. It is a public-facing document, so one should take care to not include any confidential information, such as private financial details.
A good company profile should include a brief history of the company, including the date that it was founded. A list of all owners, directors, and shareholders should be included. Arguably, the most important part of a company profile is a brief synopsis of the services that are on offer. For example, if I were writing a company profile for a marketing company, I would mention that the company specializes in advertising campaigns, online media, social networking, copywriting, and graphic design. Lists of achievements and awards won should also form part of the company profile.
The company's vision and mission statement should be included, as should all contact details. A detailed company profile could also include an organogram of all staff members and how they work together.
A company profile is part of a company's business plan that provides an overview of the company to potential customers and investors. It generally includes the following data:
- the name of the founder(s) and the names and titles of the key members of the company
- the official name of the company, its address, its telephone number, and its e-mail address
- the overall business activities of the company
- the company's overall strategy, including its purpose and mission statement
- the structure of the company: whether it's public, private, or a partnership
- who serves on the board of directors, if there is a board
- the numbers and types of employees or independent contractors in the company
- the basic financial data related to the company, including its yearly revenue, profits, and major assets
- places where the company does business
- the operations and mission of the company, including what sets it apart from other companies
- the way in which the company informs shareholders about its financial picture
- the achievements that the company has made recently
- the short- and longer-term goals of the company