Puritans were Calvinist in their theology and worldview. This colored everything that they did. Calvinism can be understood through five points.
1. Total depravity - all people are born sinful.
2. Unconditional election - since people are sinful, only God can save them and he does so freely on account of his grace.
3. Limited atonement - this idea basically states the God died for his people.
4. Irresistable grace - when people realize what God has done, they will follow him.
5. Perseverance of the saints - through hard work, the people of God will make it to the end.
This theological mix, created a culture of hard work, and there was an emphasis on morality. The government was democratic in terms of state, but in the church is was mostly congregationalist.
mainly all the people inthat society did and the government too