What is it called when you take the specime on the loop and go in the Zig zag formation on the agar plate?

kairos | Student


When you take a drop of the culture (specimen) on the end of a thin, sterile loop of wire and go in the zig-zag formation on a sterile petri dish containing growth medium (usually agar plus nutrient), it is called Streaking.

The sterile loop of wire that you mentioned is sometimes referred to as the inoculator.

Hope this is enough information.

Access hundreds of thousands of answers with a free trial.

Start Free Trial
Ask a Question