Treatments for varicose veins include the following:
(1) Elevating the legs can give some relief.
(2) Exercising on a regular basis can be beneficial.
(3) Special socks or stockings can improve circulation, swelling and some relief from pain.
(4) Aspirin can also reduce anti-inflammatory problems.
(5) Other medication (particularly flavanoids) can help.
(6) Various surgical methods are also a possibility, including stripping. Stripping deals with the removal (partial or complete) of the saphenous vein main trunk. However, recurrence can occur in 5% to 60% of cases. CHIVA (a French acronym) is a newer procedure that can be achieved under local anasthesia.
See the link below for more detailed information.