What are at least five main arguments Eric Schlosser mentions and proves in this book?Main arguments about Fast Food Nation.
litteacher8 | Certified Educator
Here are five basic arguments from the book.
- Fast food chains are not as clean as you’d think. The book exposes vermin infestations and unsanitary conditions in restaurants like McDonald’s and Carl’s Jr.
- Fast food chains target families and kids. The author points out the toys given in kids’ meals, low prices, and also playgrounds. Fast food is fast, cheap, and keeps kids happy. They even advertise in schools.
- Junk food is linked to obesity. McDonald’s and company serve high calorie, high salt, high fat foods that are only growing in size and calorie count.
- Most employees are teenagers and low-income workers, and they make little, have few promotional prospects, and get few benefits.
- The food is also high in preservatives and unethically acquired. Cattle farmers abuse animals, and food is engineered to taste good.