What should you ask the sales rep in order to write a complete message? You are the receptionist at a medical office. A sale rep for a medical supply company calls at 3:30pm on March 8 to schedule a meeting with the managing physician to demonstrate his company's newest products. Because the doctor is unavailable, you need to take a message.
Here are some suggestions on what to ask the sales representative to complete the message:
- Ask for the representative’s name, contact number and email address and the company he or she represents.
- Ask for representative’s company location (city/state) main phone number and the company website address.
- Before setting the appointment, ask for a brief explanation of the function of the product and then ask if the representative can email basic information about the product or a brochure about the product. Provide the sales representative with an email address for him or her to send the information (This will help the Physician to know ahead of time a little information about the product).
- If the representative cannot (he or she will not) email the brochure information, make a note on the message slip that electronic information could not be provided.
- Set the appointment by reviewing the Physicians’ schedule and provide options to the sales representative on possible available days and times.