Here are a few questions for each chapter.
For Chapter 6:
- Why is this chapter entitled "For the Love of a Man?"
- Was it right for Thornton to order Buck to jump off the cliff?
- Why is Buck getting to be more and more drawn to the call of the wild?
For Chapter 7:
- Why did Buck enjoy the trip to look for the mine so much?
- How can we tell that hardly any people have ever been in the area where Thornton and the dogs are?
- What things show that Buck is getting ready to leave human society and become wild?