Here are 15 main events in Monster by Walter Dean Myers:
- Sixteen-year-old Steve Harmon finds himself in jail and is filled with fear and loneliness. Since nothing seems real to him, he decides that writing a screenplay is an appropriate way to record this experience.
- Steve titles his movie Monster as a reaction to how he has been treated since being accused of involvement in a murder.
- Steve’s lawyer, Kathy O’Brien, informs him that he and James King are being charged with felony murder and that the prosecution is seeking the death penalty.
- Sandra Petrocelli, the prosecutor, calls a series of witnesses to discredit Steve and James King and prove that they are guilty.
- The details of the crime are presented in court: On December 23rd, Aguinaldo Nesbitt, owner of a Harlem drugstore, was killed after a fight broke out when two young men, James King and Richard Evans, attempted to rob his store. Nesbitt pulled a gun to defend himself, it went off when he and Evans fought over it, and Nesbitt died....
(The entire section contains 3 answers and 1210 words.)