According to Nike Inc., the mission of the organization reads
TO BRING INSPIRATION AND INNOVATION TO EVERY ATHLETE* IN THE WORLD
*IF YOU HAVE A BODY, YOU ARE AN ATHLETE
This clearly points at a target population that
- is active
- tends to gear toward a healthier lifestyle
- may feel and may act younger (with more adventurous energy) than their chronological age
- while may not be male, transpire masculine (ultra energetic) energy.
- is of a middle to upper middle-class status (for the product is not as affordable and yet it is a lot of demand for it
- is passionate about sports and its products
- is willing to spend more to ensure a better sports experience.
Evidence of this the current campaign promoting the Nike-produced film about snowboarding "Never Not". Featuring a young male snowboarder as the face of the campaign, the company seems to have as its target the young, multicultural male market. Additionally, Nike is ready to launch several thermal products for the Winter season also designed to tolerate rogue sports and extreme temperatures.
The marketing of these products is a clear picture into the mind of the Nike campaign, which is about heavy playing and risk-taking.