What are some similarities between Hamlet and Laertes?
- Foil: a foil is a secondary character who contrasts with the major character to enhance the importance of the major character; the term foil ... is taken from the practice of backing gems with foil so that they shine more brightly. (Literary Devices, literarydevices.net)
Foil: in literature, a character who is presented as a contrast to a second character so as to point to or show to advantage some aspect of the second character. An obvious example is the character of Dr. Watson in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock...
(The entire section contains 671 words.)
check Approved by eNotes Editorial
There are some similarities found between Hamlet and Laertes:
01. Both are brave.
02. Both are deprived of their fathers.
03. Both are ready to take revenge of their father,
04. Both are the prey of the conspiracy of Claudius.
05. Both love duel and obey rules and regulations.
06. Hamlet loves Ophelia as lover and where as Laertes loves her as sister.
07. Both die at the end of the play.