Possibly the greatest advantage to walking, or doing any type of exercise, in the morning is consistency. The key to most fitness programs is making it a part of one's regular pattern, a lifestyle component that happens nearly every day. For many people, a morning walk insures that the exercise will happen before the day's activities present complications that might prevent the exercise from happening later in the day.
Exercising after eating is not a good idea, because after a meal the blood flow is needed to the digestive tract. For this reason, many exercisers find that doing their workout before breakfast is the best time of day.
- Strengthens your heart
- Delays or prevents major diseases or illness
- Reduces blood pressure and the risk of stroke
- Reduces cholesterol
- Strengthens joints and bones
- Helps control weight
- Improves mood and self-esteem
- Contributes to “brain fitness”
- Gives you energy and a good night’s rest
- Relieves stress and worry
- Improves balance and circulation
- Boosts immune system
MORNING WALK AS EXERCISEThis is perhaps the most overlooked and neglected form of exercise. Because it sounds and look easy, most of us do not bother to walk, but prefer to sign up for expensive aerobic classes and spend a lot of time in a gym.
We recommend walking as exercise since it costs nothing, requires no partner and expensive gadgets, but will burn nearly the same calories as jogging does. It does not burden the body, instead if done in calm and peaceful surroundings like a park or country road, it will let off the tension in your mind and body.
Before you use walking as exercise
- Make sure you do not eat an hour before going out for a walk. Digesting takes a lot of energy from the body. If you exercise right away after eating, you are going to overburden yourself. Fruits or juices are okay, since they do not tax the system as much.
- Exercise alone will not make you healthy. No amount of walking or jogging will help the body if you do not eat properly or have greater affection with cigarettes and alcohol.
- It does not really matter when you do it. Although we acknowledge that an early morning walk is better because the air is significantly fresher, for people who only have the afternoon to do it, it is okay.
- Avoid busy roads. You need fresh air with green & clean surroundings. The aim is to relax the mind as well as exercise the body. If you are taking more carbon dioxide than oxygen, you are harming your body. So, find a nice, peaceful and green place.
There willbe less polution in the morning as normally vehicular traffic during night hours willbe less-you can catch some fresh air.
It keeps you ready or better prepared for the work ahead.
One can avoid constipation and disturbed sleep as morning-walking improves regular body functions.
Healthy skin-as early morning exposure to sun, helps.
Morning walks are great for many reasons. They are a great form of exercise, and can help in many other ways as well. Here are some benefits of a morning walk:
- As stated previously, the exercise is great for a person of any age. Exercising and make you look and feel better, along with helping you prevent unwanted diseases
- Walking alone in the morning can help clear your head and get you ready for the day ahead
- Walking with someone can give you a chance to strengthen a relationship and get much needed social time
Morning walk is considered as best for a person who wants to stay active and healthy. When you wake up in the morning, you would love to breathe in fresh air. You can walk whenever you want but morning walk is considered best because of the following reasons:-
- Walking barefoot in a garden early morning, the wet grass that touches your feet and the vision you are seeing at that time, is said to be good for eye sight.
- When you walk in the morning you are full of energy and you will enjoy walking at that time. In the evening you are already tired from doing daily chores that you just walk and cant enjoy.
- Morning walk keeps one happy and mental health stable
- Morning walk provides relaxation
- Morning walk keeps you fresh all day keeping tiredness away
- It improves memory
- It keeps you away from depression
- you can Sleep better
- Increases the metabolism rate
- Stress is relieved as you meet friends the first thing in the morning.