As with any choice of career, it shows maturity to consider advantages and disadvantages to see whether this choice is one that is best suited for your lifestyle and needs. Since everyone is different, and different teaching locales and districts create different atmospheres of employment, it must be stated that advantages for me, may not necessarily be deemed as such by others. Nevertheless, here is my list:
I love my choice of career for these top reasons:
1. I share a subject for which I have a passion on a daily passion.
2. I positively influence lives
3. I teach at my sons' school.
4. I have a daily schedule that doesn't vary.
5. The vacations allow me to energize and spend time with family.
I don't love my choice of career sometimes because:
1. I share a subject for which I have a passion with an audience who doesn't feel the same.
2. I can negatively influence lives if not careful. (That's a lot of pressure.)
3. I teach at my sons' school (LOL)
4. I have a daily schedule that doesn't vary (this can become a bit of bore sometimes).
5. The vacations make me realize that I spend much too much time focused on school, prepping, correcting, and such, and I just don't have the time to smell the roses daily. This is a bit sad at times.
Don't forget to smell those roses. It's what will make you a better teacher.