Commercialization has several advantages and disadvantages.
1) Brings in revenue
2) Creates job opportunities (thus stemming the efflux of the workforce)
3) Generally leads to improved infrastructure (commercial activities leads to better roads, electricity, water, etc.)
4) Increases associated business opportunities (due to higher purchasing power, dependent business activities, etc.)
1) Burdens the existing resources
2) May lead to negative environmental impacts, including water and air pollution or noise pollution
3) May lead to increased instances of crime
4) Causes an influx of people, leading to increase in population
5) Extensive commercialization may lead to a change in lifestyles, which may or may not be preferred by many natives.
So, there are both pros and cons of commercialization, especially in the developing and underdeveloped world. The choice of whether to go ahead with it is a matter of weighing both the advantages and disadvantages.