The novel "Christy" is the story of a young woman who leaves her home in the city to teach in a school in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Some objects that might symbolize her personality are:
- a Bible; Christy was a dedicated Christian
- a reading primer or reading book; she took her job as a teacher very seriously
- a buckeye to represent the folk wisdom she comes to appreciate
- an oak leaf or sprig of rhododendron to represent the beauty of the wilderness she came to love
- heart-shaped box to represent her love for Dr. Neil MacNeill
I hope this helps! Visit the sites below for more information.