1 Answer | Add Yours
- German prisoners of war arrive in the town of Jenkinsville, Arkansas, the home of the Jewish teenager, Patty Bergen, and her family.
- Patty meets one of the prisoners, English-speaking Frederick Anton Reiker, when he comes to her father's store. Reiker later escapes, and Patty hides him in her father's garage apartment.
- Reiker eventually escapes by train, leaving a ring for Patty to remember him by.
- The FBI continues to investigate Reiker's escape, and they eventually realize that Patty is involved. When they show her a bloody shirt with Anton's monogram (Anton has been killed in New York), Patty confesses.
- Now known as the "Jew-Nazi," Patty is sent to a girl's reformatory. Scorned by her parents, home town, and her fellow prisoners, Patty still clings to the hope that her life will be better in the future.
We’ve answered 318,994 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question