What are 25 different events from the novel To Kill a Mockingbird (in chronological order)?
bullgatortail | Certified Educator
- Dill comes to spend the summer in Maycomb for the first time.
- Jem takes Dill's bet to run up and touch the side of the Radley House.
- Dill returns home to Meridian.
- Scout enters the first grade.
- Scout gets in trouble with the teacher on her first day and gets into a fight with Walter Cunningham Jr.
- Atticus provides Scout with advice about the importance of tolerating others, and to "climb into his skin and walk around in it" first.
- Scout finds the first gifts in the secret knothole.
- The children begin playing The Radley Game.
- Scout hears someone laughing inside the Radley House.
- The children raid the Radley's back porch, and Jem loses his pants.
- Nathan Radley seals the knothole.
- It snows--a rarity in Maycomb.
- Miss Maudie's house burns.
- The Finches spend Christmas at Finch's Landing.
- Scout fights her Cousin Francis.
- Atticus kills the mad dog.
- Jem spends a month reading to Mrs. Dubose.
- Jem and Scout attend the First Purchase Church with Calpurnia.
- Aunt Alexandra comes to live in Maycomb.
- Atticus defends Tom Robinson from the lynch mob at the jail.
- Tom is found guilty of rape.
- Bob Ewell spits in Atticus's face and threatens him.
- Tom is killed trying to escape from prison.
- Jem and Scout are attacked on the way home from the Halloween pageant, and Bob Ewell is found dead.
- Sheriff Tate decides not to press charges against Boo.