What are the 15 most confusing words in the book?
What a wonderful book! It depends if you are thinking from Enzo, the dog's perspective, or the reader's. Let's go with the reader's perspective.
Some of the most difficult words are ones that have multiple meanings, and depend on how they are used in the sentence to understand the meaning. Many times you can use the context of the story to help you understand what unknown words mean
1. Emoting p.4 - showing emotions
2. Ascend p.8 - rising up, without being tied to Enzo
3. skated p. 27 - walked with caution
3. Deity p. 68 -God or goddess
4. Berm p. 99 - piece of grass near a road
5. Arrangement p.128 - way of life, set up of the houses
6. Apex p.150 - highest point
7. Angst p. 160- fear, nervousness
8. Resolve p. 173 - determination
9. maudlin p.205 - weak, feeling bad for himself
10. Gait p. 216 - walk
11. Alpha manp.216 - boss, person in charge
12. Speculation p. 245 - guessing
13. Controversy p 256 - fights, debate, disagreements
14. Opposable p. 312 - able to move toward the fingers, like people
15. ART, in the title, - in this case it doesn't mean pictures or paintings but rather the way that Denny and Enzo move through their lives
Hope this is helpful!