In To Kill a Mockingbird, Scout and Jem, as growing kids, go through a lot of experiences that help shape the kind of people they will become.
These events might not be in perfect chronological order.
- Dill becomes Scout and Jem’s friend.
- Scout starts school.
- Atticus named to defend Tom Robinson.
- Atticus cross examines Mayella and Bob Ewell
- Tom Robinson found guilty.
- Tom Robinson killed.
- Rabid dog shot by Atticus.
- Jem reads to Mrs. Dubose.
- Miss Maudie tells Scout what a good man her father is.
- Jem and Scout visit the black church with Calpurnia.
- Jem and Scout rescue Atticus from the mob.
- Boo saves Jem and Scout.
I could go on for a lot longer, but you only asked for 12. One that I wish I could have worked into the list is when the African-American citizens in the courthouse balcony stood for Atticus as he passed by after the trial.