What are the 10 steps of the scientific method?Please help! i need for Honors acedemic core!
Hagar, I've always taught this as four steps, but I found this at answers.com and am copy pasting it here to help you out:
1. Understand the Problem
2. Collect Information
3. Form a Hypothesis
4. Test Hypothesis
5. Keep Accurate Record
6. Check Results
7. Repeat Experiment
8. Confirm Conclusion
9. Communicate Results
10. List New Problems that Arise
The scientific method is not only useful in science, but in any area where a problem needs solved.
- Observation: look around your world. What problems, needs or interests do you see?
- Define the problem: what challenges does your problem pose?
- Goals: what are the end results you hope to discover and how do you plan to reach them?
- Gather information: research and explore the evidence to find a temporary solution.
- Trial and error: apply the different solutions you found in step 4.
- Assess results: which solutions worked and which did not?
- Hypothesis: based on the results from step 6, propose a solution to the problem.
- Verification: challenge the validity of your hypothesis.
- Conclusions: if your hypothesis is correct go to step 10, if partially wrong go to step 5 and try another solution or if totally wrong examine step 2-4 and take another path.
- Present findings: write up the results.