1 Answer | Add Yours
Reduction in the waste generated by a business not only helps the environment, but also reduces the cost of supplies and waste disposal. Here are some of the ways a business can minimize the waste:
- Use both sides of the paper: try 2-sided photocopies or printing. You can also use the blank side of a used document as scratch paper or for in-house memos.
- Use electronic documents: Instead of printed memos, salary slips and other documents, use emails and electronic documents. Encourage your employees to print only when it is needed.
- Reduce the amount of junk-mail your business receives by opting out of it.
- If you order merchandise, ask the supplier for minimal packaging. Also reuse the packing material.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Instead of buying new printer cartridges, get them refilled.
- Use cloth towels in the washroom and pantry/kitchen.
- Avoid using disposable plates, glasses, spoons in the office.
We’ve answered 318,983 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question