I'm sixteen and I want to lose weight fast and easy. Can you help me?
I've been overweight for most of my life. (I'm 6'4 and weight about 280 pounds.) I've lost more than 90 pounds at a time, and I've put on more than I care to remember. Here are some tips that have worked for me.
- Exercise. Find something you like to do and begin to use it daily. I try to swim one-half mile per day. Walking is great if you have the time. Jogging, bicycling, playing basketball--try to fit an hour's worth into your daily schedule.
- Count Calories. Read up on the calorie amounts of various foods and then limit yourself to a certain amount each day. When I was at my most serious, I limited myself to 1800-2000 calories per day. With the one hour of exercise, I was able to lose about one-half pound per day. (I weiged about 350 at the time and dropped to 280.)
- Healthy Foods. Most green vegetables (I know they're not most people's favorites) have only 25 calories per serving. You can eat lots of these and keep your calorie intake low. Examples: green beans, cabbage, carrots, celery, lettuce, greens, spinach, cucumbers, onions, radish, etc. All of these are super low in calorie content. Keep your meats lean: no skin on chicken; only lean beef; fish is low in calories. Keep your portions small (one-quarter pound). Limit your starches and especially fried foods. Eliminate things like potato chips, french fries, fried chicken, etc. Reduce your intake of breads and pastas.
- Low Calorie Drinks. Eliminate all soft drinks with sugar. Stick to sugar free sodas. Drink lots of water or unsweetened iced tea or coffee.
- Sweets. This is my toughest duty. Eliminate candy and desserts unless they are fruits or sugar-free. You should probably eat fruit daily; they are nutritious but full of sugar. Try to avoid fruit juices in favor of the whole fruit.
- Fats. Avoid butter, sour cream, tartar sauce, etc. Drink skim milk. Eat low-fat ice cream.
- Patience. Don't expect overnight success. Be patient and don't give up.
- Splurging. Try to avoid this, but I sometimes couldn't resist breaking my diet once a week (usually on a weekend). If you have to do this, try to double your exercise to reduce the extra calories.
- Restaurants. Try to eat in as much as possible, since restaurant food is generally high in calories and fats.
In addition to what the previous poster said, you may want to test yourself as far as how foods affect your body and behavior.
For example, write down the foods you tend to consume in a regular week, and see if there is one that you suspect that is triggering you to eat more of a certain food group.
Like, it is a known fact that caffeine tends to lower blood sugar, making you crave more sweets. Could this be a problem for you?
Another thing is, why do you eat the foods that may be aiding your weight gain? Are u perhaps an emotional or "don't know why" eater?
If you suspect that any food is triggering bad choices, try to experiment taking that food away from ur diet, and record in a diary whether you are having wiithdrawals, and compare your weekly foods before and after the "bad food" is removed.
This,and lots of walking, can help LOADS and faster than u think.
I'm sad to say there is no fast and easy way to lose weight at any age.
The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you expend. And the doctors say that you shouldn't be losing at faster than two pounds per week no matter what (not healthy if you do).
If you are serious, you are going to have to identify what you eat that has excessive amounts of calories. Then you're going to have to figure out what you can reasonably eat instead (don't try to go and eat only salad -- you'll never sustain it). Finally, try to find ways to exercise more.
Once you get started, I'd advise you to weigh every day. That really helps to motivate me. Good luck! What you're trying is not easy, but it can be rewarding.
I'm not just talking here... I right now weigh 30 pounds less than I did in 1999...
It is hard to lose weight, but I am of the opinion that it can be done with some discipline. It will be a combination of diet and exercise. Let's start with exercise. I suggest that you work out at least 3 times a week and do a lot of cardiovascular exercises, such as running. This alone will help a lot. As for diet, cut out things that are unnecessary, soda, candy, chips, etc. (you get the picture). Also, you need to watch your schedule. Don't eat too late at night. Finally, eat less portions of food. These steps will get you started. Good luck!
dont feel bad, but if you think you are really overweight then excercise, be happy and dont worry about it. eat healthy and get friends to support you. dont get stressed out. just make it a routine. relax. :)
One can lose weight fast if you just decide and make up your mind that you have to lose weight. Then you can achieve your goal. But keep in mind when one loses weight fastly due to not eating anything then that person when will start eating will gain weight fast. In short you will have to maintain your new weight by eating less.
Here are a few tips:-
- Drink lemon water without sugar three to four times a day.
- Have breakfast then skip lunch and dinner. Just have fruits or drink water whenever hungry
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid sodas
- Walk daily gradually increasing time period
- Eat barbequed chicken
- Have fibre
You should exercise about an hour or two every day . Eat healthier so it means no junk food and eat healthy foods. Try to avoid foods that have a lot of fat in it because it is not good for you if you eat way too much of those. Eat more fruits and vegetables and drink water instead of sugary drinks.
You're 16, you're going through puberty so i suggest if its not too much of a health concern to wait it out until you get a bit older because severe weight loss or nutrient imbalance may lead to harm to your body development. If you do want to loose weight, i suggest to take a small cup, and eat whatever you want in 2 hour intervals, instead of 3 main meals, eat 6 small meals on a 12 hour count. Drink lots of water and try to eat fruits and vegetables.
During puberty, your figure develops into that of a woman. It is during this time that your hormones work so that fat tissues grow in places in your body where they are needed most, particularly the hips and the breast. Your estrogen levels, at this point, are at its peak. This shouldn’t worry you, however, if you look closely, you will see that you are now developing those beautiful curves you always see on TV. Don’t go on a hunger strike, but instead give it more time. Soon the excess fat will shed off and you can go parade your success.
puke a bit
well, its not gonna be fast but it will help you, answers:-
-eat regiem food
-eat healthy food, not too much of it
-work on sports
days and youre bettar