Here are some ideas to get you started. Let's begin with organization of your paper and brainstorm some possible topics along the way:
1. Introduction Paragraph: Be sure to include a thesis statement that specifically introduces the concept of comparing countries' styles of governments. I recommend that you think of three subtopics that you will address in terms of these different countries when you compare them, like citizen rights, voting, economy, freedom, government structure. Then when you discuss each different kind of country, you can compare these specific topics for each one. This will make your overall assignment more cohesive because you will stay focused on the comparisons between the countries.
Example thesis: Democratic governments, dictatorships, and communist countries have many contrasting views on citizen rights, voting, economy, and government structure.
2. Paragraph on Democratic government: choose a specific country to discuss democratic elements, like the U.S. or Great Britain. Then within the paragraph discuss each subtopic listed in thesis: rights, voting, economy, government.
3. Paragraph on Dictatorship: Possible dictatorships to consider: Iraq under Saddam Hussein or possibly Libya under Muammar Gaddafi. Again, address the subtopics from the thesis.
4. Paragraph on Communist country: USSR, People's Republic of China, Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), Cuba.
5. Conclusion Paragraph: Be sure to restate your thesis in this final paragraph.