The key events of the new nation must certainly include the following;
1. The road to revolution-from 1763 through 1776
2. The Revolutionary War 1776- through the Treaty of Paris 1783
3. The Articles of Confederation 1781-1789
4. The Constitutional Convention 1787 to revise the Articles but ended up drafting a new document incorporating compromises
5. The new document- The United States Constitution
6. Its ratification process- which was not an easy task and divided the people into two groups, the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists. The beginning of political parties in the United States.
7. The adoption of the first ten amendments to the Constitution- The Bill of Rights- cornerstone to American civil liberties.