Trying to justify volunteering at art library as a course projectI volunteer at my local Art Museum’s library because I am fascinated with art and art History. I plan to become a librarian. I am...
I volunteer at my local Art Museum’s library because I am fascinated with art and art History. I plan to become a librarian. I am to a program at my university that will allow me to use so many hours of supervised volunteer time as a single course worth of credit. I just need to state why I choose the art library (which will be easy because I love it), how working at the art library helps my community and more specifically why does my chosen volunteered activity important to my community as a whole. I also need to explain how my activity will:
- Demonstrate responsible citizenship by acting consistently in a way that contributes to the good of society.
- Relates to the claims of Aristotle and other theorists of the West that active participation is essential for a meaningful civic life.
- Apply to the Western traditions of common sense, scientific testing and evaluation, and rational debate and analysis address contemporary challenges such as moral and cultural relativism.
- Relate to the history, meanings, intents, and purposes of America's Founding Documents and evaluate these in light of contemporary alternative interpretations.
I know my choice makes it hard to answer these questions but I was told if I can answer these questions I can pursue it. I am trying hard. If anyone has advice I would appreciate it. I basically need to establish why I chose it, why is it useful, how is it productive for society and justify the activity.
The first answer is very good. I would supplement it by suggesting the following:
- volunteering at an art library will bring you into contact with knowledgeable people and thus enhance your own knowledge.
- volunteering at an art library will help the sort of institution that is often overlooked when people are considering opportunities to volunteer.
- volunteering at an art library may help you in a careeer choice.
- volunteering at an art library will give you a chance to help others cultivate their knowledge of art.
- volunteering at an art library may give you a chance to broaden and/or deepen others' interests in the arts.