What three important events happen in Chapters 7 and 8 in From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler?
Three important events that happen in Chapter 7 are:
- Claudia and Jamie go to the post office and rent a post office box for four dollars and fifty cents. Jamie rents the box under the name of "Angelo Michaels", and gives his address as "Marblehead, Massachusetts".
- Claudia and Jamie return to the Museum and are surprised to see Jamie's third grade class touring the exhibits with their teacher, Miss Clendennan. Fortunately, Claudia and Jamie are hiding in a tomb that is part of one of the exhibits at the time, and their presence is not detected.
- Pretending he is running an errand for the third grade class, Jamie goes to the museum office to deliver the letter he and Claudia have written, expounding on their theory about the identity of the sculptor of "Angel".
Three important events that happen in Chapter 8 are:
- Claudia and Jamie receive a reply to their letter from the Public Relations Department of the Museum. Although the letter is polite, it informs the children that the clue they are providing is one that the Museum has known about for a long time.
- Having failed to find out if Michaelangelo really was the creator of "Angel", Jamie is ready to go home. Claudia, however, wants to continue in the search for the sculptor's identity, and feels she cannot go home until she discovers something.
- Under Claudia's urging, the children decide to go to Farmington, Connecticut to see Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, the previous owner of the statue.
check Approved by eNotes Editorial