Rosa Parks- Civil Rights Movement who has most significant influence in making American what it is today.
A slide presentation through images, graphics and text.
presentation should be powerful as a written document.
Presentation must be between 10-15 slides with last slide work cited; work cited can only be three resources from internet.
Rosa Parks: Civil Rights Movement
(Place and date of presentation)
Heading: How it got started
1. Rosa McCauley Parks - the “mother of the civil rights movement”
2. The first black women who refused to give up her bus-seat for a white person to sit
3. Happened on Dec 1, 1955
... Grab a photo of her from citation (1)
1. 381 days 'Montgomery Bus Boycott' started
2. Her arrest and brief jailing
3. US Supreme Court had to outlaw the indiscrimination
4. Caught attention of Martin Luther King Jr.
5. A trend of non-violent community-based protest was set
Heading: Her Life
1. Born in Tuskegee, Alabama on February 4, 1913
2. Faith-based life from the very childhood
3. Awareness towards racialism
4. Quiet and dignified personality
5. Went to a local school where students were black and teachers were white
6. Incomplete schooling but received high school diploma later
7. Got married with barber and NACCP member Raymond Parks
8. Died on October 24, 2005
Heading: Influencing Persons
1. Uncle, a pastor in small church
2. Grandfather, who used to keep a shotgun to tackle with Klan violence
3. Teachers in her school, who taught her equality and acceptance for all
Heading: Works and Achievements
1. Worked at the racially desegregated Maxwell Field (now Maxwell Air Force Base) in Montgomery
Heading: Honors Received
1. National Women’s Hall of Fame in 1993
2. Medal of Freedom Award by President Bill Clinton in 1996
Her character and strength of doing what is right, is reflected in all of her quotes:
1. “I was fortunate God provided me with the strength I needed at the precise time conditions were ripe for change. I am thankful to him every day that he gave me the strength not to move.”
2. “you must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right. ”
3. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.”
4. “I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free... so other people would be also free.”
I'm not sure if we can upload .ppt files here. Last time my .pdf upload failed. But my answer will help!
Start out by giving the title, your name, and the date for the first slide. On the second slide, you should provide background information about Rosa Parks, before the civil rights movement. This would include her date of birth, where she was born, what her family/home life was like, etc. Next, you should provide a quick overview of what the civil rights movement was, just to have some information about the events and who was involved. For the next couple slides you can give information about her contributions to the civil rights movement, like the bus boycott. List the awards she received and maybe some quotes she is remembered for. The last slide should be your sources (where you got all the info from). Make sure you include photos throughout the presentation and make the PowerPoint look clean and simple. Good luck!
Who is Rosa Parks?
Trivia about her
What did she do?
Remember to include pictures.