Please use the verb Ranged in a sentence
"Ranged" is the simple past tense of the verb to range which has several different meanings as a transitive verb (a verb that can take a direct object). Here are some of these meanings:
- to draw up in a row or line, or into a certain position or group. e.g. The boxes ranged from 4x6" to 25x15".
- to classify, or place into a particular class. e.g. The vegetables ranged from alliums to chenopods to succulents to umbells.
- to pass over or through an area or region in various directions. The buffalo ranged throughout the plains.
- to train something such as a telescope upon an object.
- [Nautical] to lay out an anchor cable so that the anchor may descend smoothly
As an intransitive verb (a verb that cannot take any direct objects) to range can have a few meanings:
- to vary within certain limits. The prices on the sweaters ranged from $20.00 to $100.00.
- to wander. The discussion ranged over a variety of subjects.
- to extend or occur over an area or through a period of time. The white birch has ranged across several northern states.