I assume you are referring to birth control pills. There are certainly pros and cons to their use. However, there are many different kinds of birth control pills, so I am only going to speak in general terms here. The primary advantages of birth control pills are control over one's reproductive choices and a regulated menstrual cycle. The primary disadvantages are exposure to hormones that might create health problems, various side effects, depending upon the pill and the person, and no protection from sexually transmitted diseases. I should also add that there is not a guarantee that the pill will work. There are instances in which it has not worked and women have become pregnant. The best idea when thinking about taking the pill is to see a doctor to discuss the various options available and to see if any are right for you. There are situations in which the pill is not a good idea, depending on the particular woman's health.
Great question! I definitely suggest doing a bit of research on this topic, especially if you yourself are considering taking birth control pills. I have been taking them personally for about a year now, so I will tell you what I have noticed.
- improved mood
- clears skin from acne and the like
- periods are more regular, shorter, and less painful
- The only real con I can think of is I have gained a bit of weight, but nothing that can't be corrected
Birth control pills are the synthesized form of hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that are taken to prevent pregnancy.
Every thing has its advantages and disadvantages, nothing is perfect.
PROS OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS
- Lowers the risk of uterine or ovarian cancer if taken a minimum 5 years
- Prevents Pregnancy if someone doesn't want it.
- Improves menstrual cycle
- Relieves from pelvic pain
- Lowers the risk of developing ovarian cysts
- Clears Acne
- Good mood
CONS OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS
- Weight gain
- Increase risk of blood clots