5 Answers | Add Yours
The previous posts were quite strong. I would say that one statement to describe Hitler is that he was one of the first leaders to use the politics of division to a successful consolidation of his own power. He was able to blend racial supremacy and with political strength in his assertion of power. Hitler was also able to construct a state where political expression of individual rights disappeared at an alarmingly quick speed. Additionally, Hitler's lasting legacy on the world political stage is the result of what happens when individuals preach homogeneity, denying the presence of heterogeneity in their political and social settings. Finally, Hitler's abuse of power proves how important an institutional system of checks and balances is to the functioning and preservation of a social and political order that strives to speak for all of its people.
- While Adolf Hitler was in prison he wrote the first volume of book called Mein Kampf that included his views of the future of Germany.
- Adolf Hitler believed that the only way for Germany to stop the Jewish race from conquering the world was by exterminating them.
- Adolf Hitler was a very charismatic public speaker.
- Adolf Hitler joined the National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi Party) in 1920 and became the leader of this party in 1921.
- Towards the end of the war, Adolf Hitler married his longtime mistress, Eva Braun, and committed suicide less than a day afterwards.
- The Third Reich collapsed shortly after his death, although Hitler said it would survive for one thousand years.
- Nazi leader Adolph Hitler authorized the removal (and the proposed eradication) of Jews and other groups he considered either "impure" or a threat to German dominance. His treatment and dispersal of the Jews--as well as Catholics, gypsies, and homosexuals--led to the death of more than six million civilians who were murdered outright or executed in concentration camps. The Jews who survived were later granted a land of their own following the war--present day Israel.
- Hitler was an amateur painter with some skills in the art.
- Hitler never graduated from high school.
- Temporarily blinded by poison gas during World War I, Hitler claimed to have had a vision in which he was an Aryan hero who was ordained by the gods to lead his country in a 1000-year Reich.
Hitler was sentenced to five years in jail (he was granted amnesty after nine months) for trying to overthrow the government during a "putsch" in Munich in 1923. His popularity grew while in prison.
Hitler committed suicide in the final days of the war, fearing his capture by Russian or American forces.
Adolf Hitler is most famous for having been the leader of Nazi Germany and for having caused the Holocaust to happen.
The major impact that Hitler had was to have caused WWII.
Although Hitler became leader of Germany, he was actually born in Austria.
One of Hitler's major formative experiences was his service as a corporal in World War I.
Hitler was known as a very abstemious person who did not like to indulge himself in food and drink.
Hitler did not found the Nazi Party, but he led it to power in the early 1930s.
- He ruled Germany for 13 years.
- In 1945 he married Eva Braun and in less than 24 hours later the couple committed suicide.
- Holocaust (the period of time from 1933-1945) was started by Hitler.
- He entertained in painting.
- His grandmother was a Jewish woman.
- In 1938, he was voted as "The man of the year" by Time magazine.
We’ve answered 318,996 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question