1 Answer | Add Yours
There are a large number of different equipment one can expect to find in a physics lab. The type and number of equipment will be different for a school lab as compared to a college lab. Here is a brief list of equipment and their uses/applications:
- Measurement equipment: such as weighing balance (measures weights), rulers (measures length), vernier caliper (length measurement), etc.
- electrical equipment: for study of electricity and circuits: resistor, rheostat, circuit board, multimeter, voltmeter etc.
- magnetic equipment: study of magnetism: magnets, compass, etc.
- Optics: study of light: prism, compass, microscope, spectrometer, lenses, etc.
- Gravity: study of gravity: pendulum (measurement of time period and acceleration due to gravity), density ball, etc.
- Waves and sounds: study of sounds and waves and their properties: tuning fork, vibration generator, etc.
Hope this helps.
We’ve answered 319,642 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question