Here are some possibilities (references are to the first edition):
* On page 5, the father watches his son sleep.
* On page 8, the father puts his hand on his son's shoulder.
* On page 12, the father keeps the boy "close to his side."
* On page 26, the boy holds onto his father's hand.
* Also on page 26, the father shares with his son his memories of Christmas.
* On page 28, the father comforts the son after an earthquake.
You can find many more such examples by following the link below and searching for the word "boy."