Name the six places the second spirit took Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
In stave three of A Christmas Carol, the Ghost of Christmas Present takes Scrooge to the following places:
- They go first onto the streets of London where they see people, described as "jovial and full of glee," as they prepare for Christmas.
- Next, to the "suburbs" where they visit the home of Bob Cratchit and his family. At their meal, they toast Scrooge, who provides Bob with his living.
- Next, to a "bleak and desert moor" which is home to a community of miners who, despite their poverty, are all attired in their finest clothes for Christmas.
- Next, to the sea where they alight a ship and observe every man on the watch and on the deck as they "hum" a Christmas song.
- Next, they visit Scrooge's nephew, Fred, who is celebrating Christmas with his wife and friends. After dinner, they mock Scrooge in a game but Fred also wishes his uncle a merry Christmas.
- Finally, they travel to all sorts of places, including almshouses and hospitals, in "foreign lands" and in England. Despite the obvious suffering, all of the people they see are happy and enjoying the festive season.
The Spirit of Christmas Present takes Scrooge to a busy city on Christmas morning, where he sees happy people enjoying the sights and wishing each other Merry Christmas. Next, the spirit takes Scrooge to the poor but happy home of Bob Cratchit as Mrs. Cratchit and her children are preparing a Christmas goose and the few Christmas treats they can afford. This is the first time Scrooge sees Tiny Tim, and he learns that his chair will be empty next Christmas.
The two then visit several other Christmas gatherings, including an isolated miners camp and a shipboard party. After this, they visit Fred’s Christmas party, where Scrooge thoroughly enjoys himself, but as the night grows darker, they visit a bleak place where the Spirit shows him the two starving children who travel with him beneath his robe, named Ignorance and Want.
The Ghost of Christmas Present first takes Scrooge through the streets of London, then on to Bob Cratchit's house. After that, they go to a mining camp and then to a ship at sea. Next the spirit takes Scrooge to Scrooge's nephew's house. The last vision that Ghost of Christmas Present shows Scrooge is when the spirit opens his robe to reveal the two repulsive children: Want and Ignorance.