I have an assignment which requires me to answer the following questions:
- A biographical description of who you are (e.g. your family, where you grew up, etc.)
- A description of your future story (e.g. your future accomplishments, future life, etc.)
- A description of your dreams, goals, and where you see yourself in 5 years
- An explanation of how technology might help you reach your goals
- An explanation of the influence of social networking on your personal and professional life
1 Answer | Add Yours
There are two major goals your instructor has in assigning this essay. The first is simply trying to find out more about students in the class. The better an instructor knows the students, the easier it is to tailor assignments and discussions to fit their interests and to organize students for group projects such as peer editing.
The second objective in the assignment is to get a sense of your current writing abilities by creating an easy assignment for which all you really need to do is talk about yourself, albeit with more formal diction and grammar than you would when talking to a friend.
To get full marks, use the assignment sheet as a template, making sure to cover all of the requested topics. You should use subheadings to separate out the sections of your essay.
The main focus of the assignment should be academic and professional rather than personal. Your instructor isn't asking about your relationships or hobbies, but more about your career aspirations.
Also, this essay is not a commitment to actually follow the career you discuss. Just choose any one career that might interest you and use that as your focus.
We’ve answered 319,639 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question