This depends a great deal on what you think the ideal American society is. Here are mine:
- The biggest positive is in how far we have come on race relations. It is no longer acceptable to say racist things in public. People do not hassle me for being married to someone of a different race. That is so much better than it was in the past.
- Most Americans have such a high standard of living.
- We are very tolerant of others' beliefs and ideas -- we do not call for certain ideas to be banned.
- We rely too much on the government instead of being independent and self-sufficient.
- We are not willing to pay taxes but we want the government to do all kinds of stuff for us.