I need help writing a paper in response to the following assignment sheet: This week, you will discuss the overall framework for human resources management (HRM) in a short paper. Write a two...
I need help writing a paper in response to the following assignment sheet:
This week, you will discuss the overall framework for human resources management (HRM) in a short paper.
Write a two page paper defining Human Resources Management. In your paper:
- Include the three competencies of an HR Manager.
- Include a description of how a "change" was introduced and implemented in your workplace or other organization.
- Consider the information in Chapter 1, page 8, regarding reactive and proactive types of changes. State the type of change which was introduced into your organization.
- Include your comments on how effective or not the change was, and how it was impacted by HR involvement.
Your paper should also:
- Follow APA guidelines. Refer to the Tools & Resources page if needed.
- Have a cover page.
- Be a maximum of two pages, not counting the cover page and references page.
- Use headings if needed to clarify the presentation of material.
- Include an introductory paragraph which incorporates the thesis statement.
- Include a summary paragraph.
- Include a References page.
Your first task in writing this paper is to decide upon an appropriate change. Think about whether your company has made changes that affect human resources such as outsourcing work, hiring more contractors, allowing people to telecommute, or some other change that falls under the purview of HR.
Once you have selected the change you will be discussing, you will need to write an introductory paragraph. Your first sentence should be a thesis statement indicating the degree to which the change was effective. For example:
XYZ company recently achieved substantial cost savings by outsourcing its call center, but at the cost of increased customer dissatisfaction.
The rest of your introduction should explain how you will support your thesis in the rest of your paper.
The second section of this paper should cover whether the change you are describing was a proactive or reactive one. The subsequent three sections should be divided so that each section is related to one of the three core competencies.
You should conclude by evaluating the effectiveness of the change from an HR perspective. In other words, rather than just looking at costs, you should also look at its effect on company culture and morale, employee turnover, recruiting, and other HR issues.