I simply need help in this area to cover a research area for the above topics. It is such a wide topic. .... I am so stuck! Help.
1 Answer | Add Yours
Without the specific parameters of your assignment I think this general outline might assist you. Although your assignment is to 'bullet' your overview of social security you need to start with a solid frame of reference therefore, you have to address the impact the 1929 crash had upon the elderly by 1933.
1. Research the impact the economic depression in 1933 was having upon the elderly. Choose two bullet points that concurred with F.D.R.'s push to pass the Social Security Act 1935.
2. Now you must read the act, highlighting several specific points that will convey the necessity of social security based upon the dilemma facing the elderly in 1933.
3. Look through any revisions and/or amendments to the act from its passage through today
4. Address the baby boomer issue, the longer life span of Americans in subsequent years, and connect it to the problems that Social Security is facing today.
5. Include some insight on the proposals offered by the Congress, but also address how politics has caused a stalemate to any answers to the problem
6. As for special interest groups...the first that comes to mind is AARP. You might look at their influence with regard to people either getting Social Security or are about to.
The federal government websites can offer you information, however I believe it is just as important to look at the information that offers a critical analysis of the entire present Social Security system.
Good Luck !!
We’ve answered 318,924 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question