I need help starting an AP essay,the thesis,and writing the paragraphs in an advanced way. Any tips to help me improve write my essays please!I don't know if I'm using the right or advanced words...
Your question about how to write an AP essay is a good one. Essentially, writing an AP essay is writing a college essay which means a clear understanding of What you want to say and How you will write it. The first answer will help you format the essay, but I would advise you to do more planning. Once you have decided what you will write about, you need to find out if you have enough thoughts, ideas and examples from the prompt to create an essay. When you have enough ideas in planning, write out your essay in rough form. Answer number one provides a good format to follow. THEN, you need to revise your paper several times. First, eliminate the words this and there if they start a sentence. The words behind them are what you need. Also, highlight all of the two and three letter words and decide if you can rephrase the sentence to eliminate many of them. Look at combining sentences to see if you can get good ideas into your one good sentence. Look at the variety of sentences such as using phrases, clauses or complex sentences rather than always using simple or compound. Try to write your own original take on the topic or at least phrase it your own way. Repetition is not a positive, so look for additional ideas or at least rephrase when you are emphasizing an idea with repetition. Good luck and remember this will help you prepare for college writing. Also, enotes has an essay lab which may be another place to look for help.
AP prep books and the College Board website have sample essays from previous years that you can take a look at to get a feel for how your essays should be. The samples are even graded so you can figure out good ones from bad ones. This will give you a model to aim for.
first of all fill in these introduction body conclusion with as much as writing as possible but seperatley
and then limit and fix them seperatley in that way u can get a very good essay
- Read and mark the prompt—what are they askingyou to do?
- Read the passage and mark the text
- Try to pick out two things that really strikeyou—may give you an intro. and conclusion
- If given identify title and author
- State the stylistic elements you are going todiscuss
- State the reason you are analyzing theseelements
- Answer any other questions the prompt may haveasked
- Separate essay into different categories
- Write clear topic sentences
- Indent each paragraph
- Use specific references from the text usingquotations rather than simply paraphrasing
- For each example make a comment that connects itto the prompt
- Not necessary to do a summary conclusion
- Can be only a sentence or two
- Make a final statement by making a broadconnection to the piece or link your ideas to an effective image from thepassage.
- Avoid over-used statements In conclusion, In summary
this is a really good essay format for AP essays
hope its good enough