I need help placing 12 events from Brave New World in chronological order?
John dies, Lina dies, The nine years' war takes place, lenina and bernard meet john and linda, lenina and bernard vacation at the savage reservation, students get a guided tour through the london hatcheries, bernard becomes very popular, john and linda come to utopia, the era of our ford begins, john tries to lecture utopians to his way of thinking and starts a riot, john flees to a lighthouse in surrey, bernard and halmholtz and exiled.
1 Answer | Add Yours
Well, chronologically, the events you listed happen like this:
1. The nine year's war takes place.
2. Then, the era of Our Ford begins.
3. Students have a guided tour through the London hatcheries. (Technically, this is where the story actually begins, but chronologically speaking, this is placed 3rd in your list of events.)
4. Bernard and Lenina vacation at the Savage Reservation.
5. Bernard and Lenina meet John and Linda.
6. John and Linda come to "Utopia". (Actually, Linda comes back to civilization.)
7. Bernard becomes popular because of his friendship with John.
8. Linda dies of a soma overdose.
9. Because he is distraught over the death of his mother, John creates a riot while he destroys soma and lectures the masses.
10. Bernard and Helmholtz are exiled to the Falkland Islands because of their intelligence and association with John.
11. John escapes civilization by retreating to a lighthouse in Surrey.
12. Eventually, John hangs himself, taking upon his own shoulders the sins of this Brave New World.
We’ve answered 318,975 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question