I need to find 3 professional organizations that center upon the future career or in the helping professions. I need the links a brief description of the resources available that have to do with grief and loss.
1 Answer | Add Yours
Three professional organizations that center upon the helping others are the following:
1. Government Human Service Organizations - This is a broad base of various organizations created to help people with differing needs. The Human Service workers in these organizations determine the needs of the clients, then design treatment plans appropriate to the clients, and, subsequently, put these plans into action. Among these organizations are the following:
- Employment agencies
- Food and Nutrition agencies
- Housing agencies
- Legal and Victims Assistance agencies
- Public Safety and Disaster Relief agencies
- Youth Development Organizations that include the Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and after-school programs
- Senior Citizens Centers, Foster Care and Adoption agencies, Disaster and Search/rescue agencies
Hospice can be for-profit or non-profit organizations; these organizations offer care for people with life-limiting conditions. Usually there is a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and those who can provide spiritual support. Hospice is an organization that provides much aid to the patients as well as to the family members as they deal with the idea of loss. For, within the spiritual support, there are counseling and bereavement teams.
3. Compassionate Friends
This is a solicitous organization that helps parents and other family members who have suffered the death of a child. It has locations in all 50 states, and has been supporting families who have lost children for four decades. The organization welcomes volunteers and has a phone line that receives calls at any time. The organization's commitment to people is for as long as any parents need them. "We are here for you" is the motto.
We’ve answered 318,929 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question