What are some of the ways a product/service could be marketed using push/pull strategies?
The type of brand positioning or how a product or service is marketed and sold is entirely depending on the features of that particular product or service. Included in the marketing mix for a product or service are push and pull strategies.
A push strategy for promotion involves direct marketing of a product or service to the consumer and involves activities that bring the product or service to the end customer, push strategies include:
- Trade Shows and product conventions
- Product showrooms
- Product stocking by retailers or channel distributors
- Establishing channel partnerships for product or service distribution
A pull strategy aims to have potential customers seek out the product or service by encouraging mass brand awareness. The strategies draw consumers to the brand through active promotion and brand advocacy. Pull strategies include:
- Advertising in mass media
- Sales promotion
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Other inbound marketing activities