- According to Boyles law pressure and volume are inversly propostional at constant temperature. PV = K
- Pressure is the force per unit area, P = F/A
- SI unit of pressure is pascal.
- When we describe the pressure of liquid at rest then it deals with the distribution of matter, where as for gas it deals with the molecular collisions with the walls.
- Pressure can also be described as energy per unit volume or energy density. P =E/V or P = Work/volume
Example :- If you want to get an injection, then pressure is important in getting the needle through your skin, less force is required to push the needle through the skin for sharper needle because of the less area of contact.