My son was issued a "No tresspassing order banishment" from the appartment complex where his x-wife and their 3 children live. There are no restrictive/or protective orders against him. His x-wife called the police 2 times to the appartment complex because she didn't want my son to see the children. She has sole legal and physical custody and he has visitation according to the Indiana guidelines for non custodial parents. My question is this: Can the appartment complex legally issue this banishment? The 2 times that she called the police, there were no fights, no drinking, no cause for concern, everything was civilized. What rights does my son have in this? Would love an answer to these questions please...S.M. in Indiana

Expert Answers

An illustration of the letter 'A' in a speech bubbles

Yes, the apartment complex can ban him from the facility.  They can say that he is disrupting tenants and can refuse his entry.  

Posted on