1 Answer | Add Yours
Your best bet will be to establish a simple time line in order of occurrence. Few specific dates are given (primarily only the seasons, which you could add, if necessary).
- Old Major calls the animals to a secret meeting.
- Old Major outlines his animal commandments.
- Old Major leads the animals in "Beasts of England."
- Old Major dies (early March).
- The animals take over the farm (about three months after Old Major dies, on Midsummer's Day)
- The Seven Commandments are established.
- The news spreads through the county about the animal rebellion.
- The animals defeat the humans at the Battle of the Cowshed (October 12)
- Mollie defects to the humans.
- Snowball's expulsion.
- Work begins on the windmill.
- The pigs break the Fourth Commandment (sleeping in beds).
- A storm destroys the windmill.
- "Beasts of England" is banned.
- The animals sell timber to Frederick but are paid with forged bank-notes.
- The animals defeat the humans in the Battle of the Windmill.
- Boxer is "retired" to the horse slaughterer.
- The pigs get drunk on whisky.
- The pigs begin walking on two legs.
- The Commandments are reduced to only one.
- The pigs and humans join together, and Animal Farm is renamed Manor Farm.
We’ve answered 319,807 questions. We can answer yours, too.Ask a question