Make a timeline of Anna Avalon's life, beginning with her early life and identifying the key points in her journey.
kmj23 | Certified Educator
Using the text of "The Leap" as a guide, here are some key points to include on your timeline of Anna Avalon:
- Anna lost her family at a young age and was taken in by the Avalon family who trained her to perform.
- The Avalons toured across Europe and took Anna to see some its most famous cities, like Venice and Rome. Afterwards, the family settled in New York.
- She married Harry Avalon and the pair performed as a blindfold trapeze act.
- When Anna was seven months pregnant, she was performing with Harry when lightning struck the tent poles. Harry died but Anna was able to save her own life.
- At the hospital, Anna's baby was stillborn but she used her confinement to learn how to read and write. She also met her future husband here, the narrator's father.
- The pair married and moved onto an old farm.
- When the narrator was seven, the house caught fire and Anna saved her life by climbing up to her bedroom and bringing her down to the ground.
- Later in life, Anna went blind as a result of cataracts and the narrator returned home to care for her.